Saturday, December 6, 2008

I’ve had an affair with Ezraiel*


Once, Ezraiel and I were in love. I met him first, sitting opposite me in a train. There was no one in between us. The first thing he told me was: “nice hands!” and I suddenly looked down at my hands and smiled back at him, thinking with myself: “But my hands are not nice!” Though I never met him before I knew him. The way he smelled was very familiar. His voice, his being was familiar. In a part of me I always felt he is after me. I spent the best moments of my life with him; for he was in me, not with me. Once in another train sitting opposite me he said his very last words and since then I never saw him again:
“You should have died in my arms a long time ago.”
I heard these words looking down at my hands, but when I looked up he was gone.
So we broke up because he had to kill me in his own arms. And for he loved me, he let go of me in the middle of limbo. He has even hidden me from me…
How cruel, how kind you are. How easily you dissolved in me in you in nowhere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Ezraiel in Farsi is the name of a fallen angel who is responsible for taking people’s lives.

1 comment:

  1. good insights here, it seems to me, Golshan--and a good comment by Aso

    ReplyDelete